THE VISION OF CARITAS GEORGIA
Drawing its inspiration from the Gospel, the Church’s Social teaching, and the experiences and hopes of people in need, Caritas Georgia is working for the “civilization of love” in the Georgian society and striving to reach:
- the human dignity and the fundamental rights of every child, woman and man are protected and respected;
- peace, freedom, justice, mercy and solidarity are valued and promoted;
- the common good prevails over individual interests;
- disadvantaged persons are empowered to develop their potential in building a better society;
- the natural environment is respected
THE MISSION OF CARITAS GEORGIA
Our mission is to promote human development and social justice, bring relief to vulnerable and disadvantaged people in accordance with Christian values, encouraging their self-responsibility and dignity.
To fulfill this mission, Caritas Georgia:
adheres to the guiding values and principles of Caritas Internationalis and Caritas Europa;
- raises public awareness of poverty and injustice and its causes;
- establishes cooperation with Churches, Church based and secular organizations in the field of diaconal, developmental and social work in order to address issues of poverty and social injustice;
- designs and implements activities which enable the poor to become agents for change
- strives to provide an example of inter-human, inter-cultural and inter-confessional relations; commits itself to on-going institutional development by integrating learning and capacity building into all organizational processes.