What is Volunteering?
Volunteering is an opportunity to offer your time and skills, without material or financial reward, for the benefit of others. Any contribution of your time, no matter how small, will improve someone’s life and give you a possibility to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. We all have different gifts and abilities, which are useful. There is a person waiting for your help.
“…Volunteer work is a way to grow in the self-giving love which gives life its deepest meaning”.
~ Pope Benedict XVI
Why Should I Volunteer?
Volunteering gives you an opportunity to:
- Change someone’s life;
- Change your society for better;
- Gain new knowledge;
- Get experience you may never receive anywhere else;
- Develop new skills in different areas;
- Add something new to their CV;
- Find new friends, as well as personal and professional networks;
- Have an opportunity to interact with a different culture and different people;
- Feel satisfaction because of your personal development and support of people in need;
- Use your skills where they are needed the most;
- Give something back to society, rather than only receive;
- Have an alternative experience to standard free time spending.
- Knowledge and Skills
Work of Volunteers in Caritas Georgia
In Caritas Georgia volunteers have a possibility to help different persons in need. Programs of Caritas are working with such types of people as: orphans, refugees, homeless, lonely elderly, sick, socially vulnerable persons, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts, children living on street, and many others. Even a few hours of volunteering per week can change somebody’s life.
Except of possibility of being involved in different charitable programs or administrative work of Caritas Georgia, there are actions that are fully based on work of volunteers. These actions are:
- Soup for Homeless
Soup for homeless is action of our volunteers to support people living on the street with hot meal twice a week.
- Clothes Distribution Point
Clothes Distribution Point is an action of volunteers to support socially deprived people twice a week
- Sunny Room
Weekly meetings with children from problematic families. Each meeting has its topic, which helps children to develop and break out from their unhealthy environment.
- Voluntary Summer Camps
Voluntary camps take place in summer period, when volunteers organize Educational camps for children from socially vulnerable families or Work camps to improve public institutions in poor towns or villages.