Our Vocation: Who are we?
Caritas Georgia is a Charitable Foundation founded on 3rd of November 1994. Inspired by Christian faith, Caritas serves the poor in Georgia and promotes charity and justice.
Our mission is to promote human development and social justice, bring relief to vulnerable and disadvantaged people in accordance with Christian values, encouraging their self-responsibility and dignity.
Drawing its inspiration from the Gospel, the Church’s Social teaching, and the experiences and hopes of people in need, Caritas Georgia is working for the “civilization of love” in the Georgian society and striving to reach:
- The human dignity and the fundamental rights of every child, woman and man are protected and respected;
- Peace, freedom, justice, mercy and solidarity are valued and promoted;
- The common good prevails over individual interests;
- Disadvantaged persons are empowered to develop their potential in building a better society;
- The natural environment is respected.
Our Work: What does Caritas do?
A little bit more about us: