Shelter for Homeless People in Batumi
Since 2003 the project responds to the need of homeless persons who needs a shelter for the night period in Batumi. Every night the shelter Dormitory offers the space to about 28 people. Since its establishment around 109500 vulnerable people benefited from the service.
- To ensure a space of primary hospitality for people who have no place to spend the night;
- Provide first aid in case of hygiene, health or psychological problems;
- Stimulate and accompany persons to undergo social rehabilitation.
The staff of dormitory consists of: one coordinator, two nurses, one lawyer (volunteer), three operators (volunteers), two persons responsible for cleaning.
House of Hope
This project started in 2005 as a response to the needs of beneficiaries of the Dormitory of Batumi in order to help them to get rid from alcohol dependency. Since its establishment the staff of the project helped about 30 alcohol/drug addicted persons to recover. House of Hope hosts every day up to 6 beneficiaries.
The objective of the project is the rehabilitation of individuals dependent from alcohol through:
- Empowerment of the person;
- Social inclusion and re-establishing of relations;
- Rehabilitation and restoring of dignity.
The staff of the project consists of: one coordinator and one volunteer.